Organic Chemistry is boring. I love Maths Physics and Physical chem but Organic is boring. With what approach should i study organic chemistry?

Organic Chemistry is boring.
I love Maths Physics and Physical chem but Organic is boring.
With what approach should i study organic chemistry?

Grade:

1 Answers

Abhinav
askIITians Faculty 387 Points
8 years ago
Never underestimate the chemistry it is very scoring it requires least effort and provides best results.But yes many students do find chemistry boring.You stick to following points and you can excel in organic chemistry :-

1. The primary source for theory is your class notes. Second comes NCERT.Take notes properly, try to note down each and very word your instructor says, exercise questions too. Revise them regularly.

2. General Organic Chemistry (GOC) is most important. It's concepts will help you in predicting reactions. It has some amount of logic attached to it too.

3. While studying reactions and their mechanisms, try to understand each and every step, because JEE generally twists one of the intermediate steps to trump you.

4. For problems, solve your package and an additional workbook. Ask your instructor for recommendations.

5. So and ideal approach would be, to study the notes, each reaction and each mechanism. When you feel satisfied, start solving. Package first, workbook later.

6. While solving, you wont be able to solve each and every question. Also, all the questions you solved, won't be correct. So mark such questions and attempt them again later during revision.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free