I Study in an IGCSE school (10th standard) I am wondering whether to go for AS and A level or go to a normal SSC or ICSE or CBSE college. Which one would be better for clearing IIT-JEE. My teachers say that that the stuff they were taught in university is what they now teach in 10 th std and AS and A levels.Please Advise Quickly. We have been told to give an desicion on whether we are continuing AS and A levels in this school or moving to another college.

I Study in an IGCSE school (10th standard)
I am wondering whether to go for AS and A level or go to a normal SSC or ICSE or CBSE college. Which one would be better for clearing IIT-JEE. My teachers say that that the stuff they were taught in university is what they now teach in 10th std and AS and A levels.Please Advise Quickly. We have been told to give an desicion on whether we are continuing AS and A levels in this school or moving to another college.

Grade:10

1 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
8 years ago
If you want to go for JEE prep, then choose CBSE..
But seeking for abroad for graduation level, then go for AS and A level Cambridge programme.

Cambridge International AS and A
Levels are international in outlook, but retain a local relevance. The
syllabuses provide opportunities for contextualised learning and the content has been created to suit a wide
variety of schools, avoid cultural bias and develop essential lifelong skills, including creative thinking and
problem-solving.
Their aim is to balance knowledge, understanding and skills in our programmes and qualifications to enable
candidates to become effective learners and to provide a solid foundation for their continuing educational
journey. Cambridge International AS and A
Levels give learners building blocks for an individualised
curriculum that develops their knowledge, understanding and skills..

** What your teacher told about AS & A level, its absolutely correct...
Again....for JEE--- then choose, ICSE or CBSE....if you choose AS and A, there would be some difficulty in managing the syllabus and may affect PREPRATIONS...
….AS & A will help you for abroad …..
...Also, if you are thinking to go through AS and A and parallely prep for JEE Main and Advanced, you can do that.......

I would like to advice you to compare the syllabus of JEE with AS & A and JEE with rest...
then choose the union one....

Good luck...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free