I have a doubt weather time depends on the frame of reference or not . Earlier i thought it didn’t but then i thaught of an example . lets say there is a river flowing at 10 m/s and a man who can swim in still water at 20m/s . lets say the man starts swimming in the direction of the river . Now i asked myself what will be the time taken by the man to swim 10 meters w.r.t the ground and then with the river . After calculating i found that time taken by man to swim 10 m w.r.t river is 0.5 seconds and w.r.t ground is 0.33 seconds . So does the time depend on frame of reference or not .

I have a doubt weather time depends on the frame of reference or not . Earlier i thought it didn’t but then i thaught of an example . lets say there is a river flowing at 10 m/s and a man who can swim in still water at 20m/s . lets say the man starts swimming in the direction of the river . Now i asked myself what will be the time taken by the man to swim 10 meters w.r.t the ground and then with the river . After calculating i found that time taken by man to swim 10 m w.r.t river is 0.5 seconds and w.r.t ground is 0.33 seconds . So does the time depend on frame of reference or not .

Grade:12th pass

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free