i finished my class 10,and going to join intermediate college.i want to study in US by getting good scores in SAT and get into top college with the help of scholarships,but i also don’t want to leave preparation for IIT-JEE and BITS.i heard it takes alot of effort to crack it,and i am ready for it cause i believe in myself.my questions- 1] should i prepare for anyone of them,if yes how {how should i plan],if NO then which one should i prepare for,iit+jee bits or only SAT

i finished my class 10,and going to join intermediate college.i want to study in US by getting good scores in SAT and get into top college with the help of scholarships,but i also don’t want to leave preparation for IIT-JEE and BITS.i heard it  takes alot of effort to crack it,and i am ready for it cause i believe in myself.my questions-
1] should i prepare for anyone of them,if yes how {how should i plan],if NO then which one should i prepare for,iit+jee bits or only SAT

Grade:10

1 Answers

Abhinav
askIITians Faculty 387 Points
8 years ago
First of all SAT's have two papers SAT 1 -the one in which they check english proficiency and SAT 2 in which scientific and mathematical parts come.

SAT 2 is very very easy. A standard 10th person can solve the questions and get full marks. Actually to score full marks it is not necessary to attempt all the questions. The marking scheme is way too different than the normal one. It's like even if you make a mistake or two, you can get full marks.

Sample Question : You are giving two angles in a triangle and you have to find the third one. Pretty easy, so easy that you start doubting your solution.

The real problem lies in SAT 1 which is to test your English proficiency. The level of the paper is pretty high. Plus you have to write an essay also in 20 minutes time. You won't get most of the words in paragraph questions , plus MCQ's are very tricky.

If you have enough resources( Read: A lot of Money) and don't want to study so hard for just one exam JEE and still want to study in a good college. I would say go for SATs , prepare for the english part and work on your applications and essays and go to top 10 universities of the world just by doing smart work.

Later your friends who would have worked way too hard to crack JEE would come to see you in university for their summer intern!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free