I am working in a call center I completed my 12 th . I am not taking any coaching for iit jee. Ill join a crash course at the end. I am preparing at home. Can I crack IIt?? could u suggest me with some useful tips and books

I am working in a call center I completed my 12th. I am not taking any coaching for iit jee. Ill join a crash course at the end. I am preparing at home. Can I crack IIt??
could u suggest me with some useful tips and books

Grade:11

1 Answers

Raheema Javed
156 Points
9 years ago
he very first step is to get serious about the exam. The final result is a matter of comparative ranking and given how well the long term planners have been preparing, one should understand that only a concentrated, industrious and planned study will yield the desired result.

I have been studying the IIT JEE and AIEEE question paper patterns for quite some time now. The most salient feature of the question papers I have observed is an abundance of numerical problems. In all the three subjects, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, a candidate is most likely to scale the cut-off if he/she is adept at solving numerical problems.

Moreover, speed is another determining factor in such examinations. Thinking speed is acquired by continuous practice. Practising tough problems compels you to think again and again along similar lines. Such thinking improves with regular practice of numerical problems and by the time you go for the actual exam, you should have developed a knack for recognizing the type of problem at once, just by looking at it.

High competition exams and the faith factor
This article emphasizes the importance of the faith factor for success in highly competitive exams. Coaching classes must conduct confidence building measures and motivational classes to achieve that.

Mathematics:

1. First you must be able to solve problems from NCERT class XI and class XII books.

2. For best concepts you can purchase ‘IIT Mathematics’ by M.L.Khanna.

3. For the most abundant supply of difficult question topic-wise and their solutions, you may buy ‘New Pattern IITJEE Mathematics’ of Arihant Publications by Dr. S.K.Goyal.

4. For Trigonometry and Coordinate Geometry the books by S.L.Loney are useful.

5. Tata Mcgraw Hills (TMH) books

Physics:

1. Concepts of Physics, Vol.-I, by H.C.Verma

2. Concepts of Physics, Vol.-II, by H.C.Verma

3. Problems in Physics by I.E.Irodov

4. Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnik and Walker.

5. Physics by D.C.Pandey, Arihant Publications

Chemistry:

1. NCERT Chemistry text books of class XI and class XII.

2. Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd.

3. For numerical problems-P.Bahadur

4. Inorganic Chemistry by J.D.Lee

5. Physical Chemistry by R.C.Mukherjee and also by P.Bahadur.

6. Organic, Physical and Inorganic Chemistry books by O.P.Tandon.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free