i am in mp board 12 th class and appearing for iitjee so my 12 th board marks will be added lesser as copared to cbse marks OR they do not discriminate for any board

i am in mp board 12th class and appearing for iitjee so my 12th board marks will be added lesser as copared to cbse marks OR they do not discriminate for any board

Grade:10

1 Answers

Mohit Kumar
90 Points
8 years ago
in jee mains they do not directly add your board marks........ instead they would use the percentile you have scored in your board marks …..... for example a student scoring 95 percent in cbse board is expected to be among the top 1% student in his board ….... so his percentile would be around 99... that pecentile is added to jee mains marks to get normalized marks....... another example is bihar board........ as sstudent scoring 74% in bihar board is expected to be among top 0.6% student in his board … so his percentile score is 99.4...... that percentile score is added to jee mains score to get naormalized marks............................. so you have seen that it varies from board to board......... astudent getting 74% in bihar board has better percentile than a syudent scoring 95 % in cbse board........ so marks directly don’t matter only the percentile score in the board matters...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free