hi i am confused whether to apply for jee main special round . i had not alloted seat till 7round of josaa councelling. my jee main 2018 rank is 47414 .

hi
i am confused whether to apply for jee main special round . i had not alloted seat till 7round of josaa councelling. my jee main 2018 rank is 47414 .

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Deepak Kumar Shringi
askIITians Faculty 4404 Points
5 years ago
SPOT ROUND IS GOOD Because

Last hope to get into college

You can try there for another college/branch even when you get one

It is very very beneficial for outside state seats, as all the outside state applicants do not reach the venue. Those who reach, are almost all of them soaked in.

BUT

You cannot count on it for the seat. No guarantee as seats are alloted rankwise.And no matter how confident you are ,the next point is the major heart break.

The main disadvantage is that many students who could have secured a seat in even better branches ( with ranks within 20000 ) in previous rounds come out of no where to take part in the spot round and they take the seats :(

And as in previous answers they said be physically present and fill some fees. Also it consumes your entire day, it is very tedious process.Like I had to be there at 9 and then I left by 4 but they continued till 5:30 and around.

I hope my answer was helpful.
RAHUL ROHILLA
askIITians Faculty 873 Points
5 years ago
Yes you should apply for the special round.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free