hello sir , i want to become cosmologist so what branch in eningineering should i select : example :- aeronautical engineering or aerospace engineering or other some branch in engineering. so place suggest me ?

hello sir , i want to become cosmologist so what branch in eningineering should i select : example :- 
aeronautical engineering or aerospace engineering or other some branch in
engineering. so place suggest me ?

Grade:11

12 Answers

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
9 years ago
Hi Student,

If you are interested in cosmology. Aeronautical engineering will NOT be the wise choice coz aeronautical engineering deals with the aerodynamics and forces present in the airplane. Calculating the drag forces and pressure and about the airplane dynamics.

While on the other side Aerospace can be somewat related to cosmology, coz in aerospace engineering you have study about spacecrafts, universe study, environment in space and design of air vehicals and crafts, rockets, working on aircraft stations, etc
Aerospace Engineering is the primary branch of engineering concerned with the research, design, development, construction, testing, science and technology of aircraft and spacecraft.

Aeronautical engineering was the original term for the field. As flight technology advanced to include craft operating in outer space, the broader term "aerospace engineering" has largely replaced it in common usage.

So, aerospace should be your clear choice.

I hope this was useful. comment if you need any more info.
N All the best for a bright career.

Thanks,
NIRAJ TIRTHANI
38 Points
9 years ago
thankyou sir......but which iit institutes have aerospace engineering as the stream ????
please help me about this question????

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
9 years ago
Hi student,

Pls find the list of colleges

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aerospace_engineering_schools#India

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NIRAJ TIRTHANI
38 Points
9 years ago
thankyou .but by becoming cosmologist we can job in NASA or ISRO ??????
NIRAJ TIRTHANI
38 Points
9 years ago
thankyou .but by becoming cosmologist we can job in NASA or ISRO ??????
Nishant Vora IIT Patna
9 years ago
yes definately there are lot of oportunies in that.
NIRAJ TIRTHANI
38 Points
9 years ago
but how it is possible???
NIRAJ TIRTHANI
38 Points
9 years ago
but how it is possible???
NIRAJ TIRTHANI
38 Points
9 years ago
how we can do it sir please tell me???
Nishant Vora IIT Patna
9 years ago
After completing your college there is an entrance exam which is conducted by ISRO every year which takes graduates engineers who qualifies the test. After that there is interview also.During college also you can take internship at ISRO in your field. For taking intern you will have to directly contatc the people working them. If they are ready to take you then you can go under their referal

I hope it helped
NIRAJ TIRTHANI
38 Points
9 years ago
heelo sir ,but which institutes have cosmologist as the branch in  india ?????
NIRAJ TIRTHANI
38 Points
9 years ago
heelo sir ,but which institutes have cosmologist as the branch in  india ?????

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free