HC VERMA PART 1 PAGE 77 OBJECTIVE-1 NEWTON’S LAW OF MOTION-> QUESTION 5 AND QUESTION 6 THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT WHEN I RESOLVE THE COMPONENTS BY TAKING mg as Y-AXIS THEN the normal component comes out to be mg/cos*(theta). If you resolve the components by taking normal as the y-axis then the normal comes out to be mgcos*(theta). I understand vertical component would be mg/sin* for (i) and mgsin* for(ii) but if we need to find normal force then it will be confusing. This is very confusinmg for me. Please help me out. When I asked some of the good students in my coaching they also didn’t knew it why as they never thought about this. We learnt through vectors that component would be mgcos* and mgsin*. that’s why many didn’t observed it.. Please help

HC VERMA PART 1 PAGE 77 OBJECTIVE-1 NEWTON’S LAW OF MOTION-> QUESTION 5 AND QUESTION 6

THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT WHEN I RESOLVE THE COMPONENTS BY TAKING mg as Y-AXIS THEN the normal component comes out to be mg/cos*(theta). If you resolve the components by taking normal as the y-axis then the normal comes out to be mgcos*(theta). I understand vertical component would be mg/sin* for (i) and mgsin* for(ii) but if we need to find normal force then it will be confusing. This is very confusinmg for me. Please help me out. When I asked some of the good students in my coaching they also didn’t knew it why as they never thought about this. We learnt through vectors that component would be mgcos* and mgsin*. that’s why many didn’t observed it.. Please help

Grade:11

1 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
3 years ago
Dear student

Please attach the image of the question

Regards

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free