DEAR SIR , 1. when we switch off the fan the fan keeps on rotating for some time . why is it so ? In India when I come for summer vacation i can see a lot of stars but here in saudi arabia I cant see the stars . its very rare . why is it so ?

DEAR SIR , 

1. when  we  switch  off the fan  the fan keeps  on  rotating   for some time . why  is  it  so ?

1. In  India  when I  come  for  summer vacation i can see a  lot  of  stars but  here in  saudi arabia  I cant see the stars  . its very rare . why is it so ?

Grade:9

3 Answers

Nisarga Rajendra Khairnar
18 Points
9 years ago
1 :- The fan keeps on ratating because of the inertia of the fan blades. 
Nisarga Rajendra Khairnar
18 Points
9 years ago
1 :- The fan keeps on ratating because of the inertia of the fan blades. 
Sumit Majumdar IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 137 Points
9 years ago
Dear student,
  1. When you switch off the fan, there is an inertia of the fan due to which the fan continues to move under inertia. Also since there is friction between the components of the moving parts, the fan comes to rest after some time.
  2. The stars are visible depending upon which part of earth you are in and at which time of the day/night you are looking at the sky. It may be possible that whenever you are looking at the sky, the stars arent present in your visual area and may be present in some other time.
Regards
Sumit

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free