A 50 kg block slides down a plane that has been raised to an angle of 30° above the horizontal at a constant rate. After the block slides completely to the bottom of the plane, a rope is attached to the block. The rope pulls parallel to the surface of the plane as the block is pulled up the plane at a constant rate. Which statement about the tension in the rope is correct? Ans. The tension in the rope is equal to the weight of the block Please give me the diagram of this question so I can justify the answer.

A 50 kg block slides down a plane that has been raised to an angle of 30° above the horizontal at a constant rate. After the block slides completely to the bottom of the plane, a rope is attached to the block. The rope pulls parallel to the surface of the plane as the block is pulled up the plane at a constant rate. Which statement about the tension in the rope is correct?

Ans.The tension in the rope is equal to the weight of the block

Please give me the diagram of this question so I can justify the answer.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Naveen Kumar
askIITians Faculty 60 Points
9 years ago
Here it is not clesr that whether the surface is smooth or rough. Let the surface of the plane is fixed and the plane is fixed then the tension in the string can br simply drawn as shwn in the figure attached here:(assuming that the block is moving upward withoud any acceleration)
260-262_Untitled.png
If it is not clear then please check the question and post again.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free