sir i don"t know how to study for iitjee 2014. plz tell me that which books i should study for iit and also tell me that is the study of theory good or not for jee. i always get confuse about the books and study plan and the time plz suggest me and give study plan for all the chapters of pcm. thanks

sir i don"t know how to study for iitjee 2014. plz tell me that which books i should study for iit and also tell me that is the study of theory good or not for jee. i always get confuse about the books and study plan and the time plz suggest me and give study plan for all the chapters of pcm.

thanks

Grade:

2 Answers

Aniket Patra
48 Points
11 years ago

Dear Akash,

At first, get calm and cool. Don''t ever hurry for IITJEE.. It is not a product that will be sold after a stipulated time.. Remember you have to secure but not deal (for) a seat in the JEE.. Complete the NCERT books throughly.. You should read between the lines.. I mean what I said.. I think u are getting me..Then go for the books of Arihant and MTG.. Then consult the reference books by the foreign authors.. But all you have to do is to build your concepts! And practice more as per your requirement..and test your level of expertise yourself or by giving mock test or AITS,etc.. Remember you should compete with yourself not with others.. Don''t panic if others'' grades are higher in the mock exams.. Develope your own skills to solve your problems.. Schedule your studies according to your will!

Best Wishes!

Aman Bansal
592 Points
11 years ago

Dear Akash,

THE first step (and remember, someone once said that the first step is the most important step) in your preparation and your journey into one of the IITs is the belief in yourself that you have it in you to realise this dream. You will not reach far if you think getting into IIT is too tough for you and it is only for the super-smart. This is an absolutely wrong perception.

A very crucial issue facing JEE aspirants is the problem of time management. Manage your time well. Give proper importance to all the three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. But one very important thing is to be regular and consistently follow the daily timetable.

Also, make sure that you revise and practise regularly. For example, suppose that you are able to put in 4 hours of study everyday. You could possibly use 2 of those 4 hours for advancing along your (unfinished) syllabus and the other 2 for revising parts of what you’ve already covered up to that particular day.

You also need proper study material which can guide you in the subjects. Lots of study material is available in the market for the JEE, including numerous books (both good and bad) and study material of various institutes (again, both good and bad). You must choose a good study material and stick to it. Switching from one book to another will harm your preparation. For IIT-JEE pre-planning is required, if you are in the class VI or VII, it is advised that you improve your analytical skills. So students require working hard from the initial stage for IIT-JEE. 

Following are a few basic points one must keep in mind:
  1. Plan a daily timetable which should have equal distribution of number of hours to each subject.
  2. While studying the subject one should invest time in the theory as well as on solving good questions keeping in mind the time barrier. Each question should be done in the stipulated time.
  3. Always start from BASICS because “without base, there will be no altitude” and “journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step”.
  4. Always BUILD UP RIGHT & APPROPRIATE BASICS because “once the track of train is being changed, it will go on only that track”. So always select the right track and follow
  5. that consistently .
  6. Never prefer solutions of questions before doing SELF-ATTEMPT at least five times till you get the right answer because “without falling you cannot stand at once”.
  7. Never leave the question in between. There are students who practice a question without attempting it as a whole, and it’s a very big fault for students and it becomes their negative point sometimes. So please ignore this.
  8. Always try a question with CONCEPTUAL APPROACH, not just read the question and then start doing without getting the point that the question is making.
  9. Your study schedule should be such that you will even easily get the time for a little enjoyment daily.
  10. Most important thing is that you should be having a time schedule as well as REGULARITY in studies.
  11. Also you will have to take appropriate sleep or rest of at least 6-7 hours a day if you are preparing for IIT-JEE otherwise your mindset for next day will not be right in place.
  12. Do not get into the habit of studying late into night. Instead get up at 6 in the morning and sleep by 11 at night. This will keep your brain activity maximum in the morning and will help you when you actually attempt JEE.
  13. Never cram the things, always TRY TO UNDERSTAND the problem by studying the theory conceptually.
  14. And BE CONFIDENT while you are preparing. NEVER LOSE CONFIDENCE.
  15. Always keep contact with intelligent students of your class or at the coaching centre.
  16. Always keep the copy of latest syllabus of the particular exam. Always check the syllabus before starting a new topic. Always study everything with GREAT INTEREST otherwise it will be of NO USE.

Proper Planning:
Usually, students study for about 1 or 2 years to prepare for IIT-JEE. So, planning plays an important role. A good planning strategy will keep you focused and result in better gains. Make a to-do list, set your goals, work out how much time is needed to achieve them, and allocate a realistic time frame. See if you are able to achieve them, if yes, set more ambitious goals next time, if not, analyse what went wrong and how you can improve. I am sure you would be able to crack the JEE in the coming years.

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free