Sir,im a student of class 10.i love maths so i thot to give ago at the olypmiad.As only three months are left i have started to prepare,but i am not sure how to approach it. I try to solve previos years questions first,i can solve only the geometry part,mostly geometry part seems easy to me.but i must say that out of two geometry i can solve only one mostly.i have about nil knowledge about combinatorics and number theory,i try to solve them by logic,but out of several papers i tried to solve..i could solve at maximum 3 out of seven only in two. should i start reading theory books? please give me some booksi need for this.and yes these are the books i currently have - 1.mathematical circles by Dmitri Fomin 2.Elementary Number theory by David burton 3.Geometry revisited by HSM coxeter 4.The art and craft of problem solving by Paul Zeitz The number theory book seems a little bit slow and complex..please help meee

Sir,im a student of class 10.i love maths so i thot to give  ago at the olypmiad.As only three months are left i have started to prepare,but i am not sure how to approach it.
I try to solve previos years questions first,i can solve only the geometry part,mostly geometry part seems easy to me.but i must say that out of two geometry i can solve only one mostly.i have about nil knowledge about combinatorics and number theory,i try to solve them by logic,but out of several papers i tried to solve..i could solve at maximum 3 out of seven only in two.
should i start reading theory books?
please give me some booksi need for this.and yes these are the books i currently have -
1.mathematical circles by Dmitri Fomin
2.Elementary Number theory by David burton
3.Geometry revisited by HSM coxeter
4.The art and craft of problem solving by Paul Zeitz
The number theory book seems a little bit slow and complex..please help meee

Grade:

1 Answers

Harsh Patodia IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 907 Points
8 years ago
For set go for NCERT 11th ​class and do not follow all books as it will be very tedious and you will learn lot of unwanted stuff.
Follow the link to get relevant books
​http://www.askiitians.com/ntse/ntse-books.html

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free