Please tell me as to how i could measure my progress in my preparation for iit-jee..?? Is continuosly solving different question papers the only way ..so that i can learn different concepts along the way..?? or should i first revise the concepts and then only attempt the papers...(which i find tiresome.!) And also please tell me which are the most scoringtopic for the jee in the recent times. Does it mean that if a topic is not covered in iitjee 2009, it may come in iitjee2010..?? Thank you so much for your help teahcers...!

Please tell me as to how i could measure my progress in my preparation for iit-jee..?? Is continuosly solving different question papers the only way ..so that i can learn different concepts along the way..?? or should i first revise the concepts and then only attempt the papers...(which i find tiresome.!) And also please tell me which are the most scoringtopic for the jee in the recent times. Does it mean that if a topic is not covered in iitjee 2009, it may come in iitjee2010..?? Thank you so much for your help teahcers...!

Grade:12

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Hi Aravind Sankar

In IIT JEE exam you have to compete with other students.To get an IIT You must be in top 10,,000 student .

And to know  what is your position u must attempt test series.

Revision and practice is very necessarry part of IIT JEE success. If u find that it is tiresome then it will be very difficult for you.one thing you can do while revision you imp old question and new question from other soarce.

For iit jeee there is no fixed weitage, it  vary from year to year...

But the important and soring topics are:

Maths:  calculus, Vectors, Complex numbers, co-ordinate geometry(2D+3D) Quadratic equations.

Physics: Optics, Modern physics, Thermodynamics, A/C circuits, Fluid mechanics, Experiments.

Chemistry: Solid state, chemica bonding, Aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, Alkenes, alkynes, stereo and geometrical isomerism, transition elements, coordiantion compounds, electro chemistry, kinetics and equilibrium.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Aravind.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free