could you guide me and throw some light on the job prospects of a chemaical engineer.... iam very good in chemistry and maths but not so good in physics so iam looking into chemical engineering ( i guess it deals with a lot of chemistry im not sure i need someone to confirm it too i.e. wether chemical engineering is only chemistry) my 1st choice is EEE followed by chemical my father says i will have better scope for a job if i choose mechanical or ECE instead of chemical and has suggested keeping chemical in one of the last choices. so could you help me by telling me what is THOUGHT IN CHEMICAL IS IT ONLY CHEMISTRY? THE JOB PROSPECTS (is it bleak or quite good) for a chemical engineer ? COULD YOU ALSO TELL ME the difference between (EEE and ECE) and (aerospace and aeronautical..)?

could you guide me and throw some light on the job prospects of a chemaical engineer....

iam very good in chemistry and maths but not so good in physics so iam looking into chemical engineering ( i guess it deals with a lot of chemistry im not sure i need someone to confirm it too i.e. wether chemical engineering is only chemistry)

my 1st choice is EEE followed by chemical my father says i will have better scope for a job if i choose mechanical or ECE instead of chemical and has suggested keeping chemical in one of the last choices.

so could you help me by telling me what is THOUGHT IN CHEMICAL IS IT ONLY CHEMISTRY? THE JOB PROSPECTS (is it bleak or quite good) for a chemical engineer ? COULD YOU ALSO TELL ME the difference between (EEE and ECE) and (aerospace and aeronautical..)?

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Siddharth Thandra AskiitiansExpert-IIT
24 Points
12 years ago

Chemical engineers work in diverse fields like petroleum
refining, fertilizer technology, processing of food and
agricultural products, synthetic food, petrochemicals,
synthetic fibres, coal and mineral based industries, and
prevention and control of environmental pollution. Chemical
engineering is concerned with the development and
improvement of processes, design, construction, operation,