how important is revision? last year in 11, i studied but didn't revise the things. my exam was terrible. is it only my problem or all other's? if yes, how often should i revise?

how important is revision? last year in 11, i studied but didn't revise the things. my exam was terrible. is it only my problem or all other's? if yes, how often should i revise?

Grade:

2 Answers

Rathod Shankar AskiitiansExpert-IITB
69 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sameer Ahmed,

dont study new things now. what u have do is..solve previous papers and see whether u answer them or not properly..if u not pls revise them...revision is important because of that we know the depth of the subject..after all lessons completed u will know what is the links between them..so please do revision it is very important and u will solve related questions two variuos chapters

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Rathod Shankar Singh

IIT Bombay 

Ashwin Sinha
520 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sameer,

Here are some tips which may help you during your revision for exams.

Revision - Approach

• If you feel it will help you, set a revision timetable, revising certain subjects at certain times.
  • If you feel the need for silence while revising, try to make this possible.
  • If you like to work to music, get some headphones and listen to your favourite album whilst you work. Try to listen to something that is familiar and "one of your favourites" - this will help to put you in a positive frame of mind during your revision - it can also reduce the risk of distraction, under the right circumstances.
  • Make sure you have a break from revision - try to arrange things so that you have a "day off" revising. This will mean when you re-start your revision, you will be a little fresher.
  • Try to revise one section of notes, or one set of topics together.
  • If you have trouble with specific details of topics, at least try to understand the topic generally and try not to get too bogged down with details. If you just choose to "ignore" topics, you may be limiting your options too much when it comes to answering questions - try to gain a broad understanding, as this is often sufficient to answer most or part of a question. (Quite often, details are supplied anyway - you just have to tie them together.)
  • Revision - Techniques

Try to develop your own technique for revision. Different techniques work for different people and depending on the type of subject being revised, some techniques are more suitable than others. Here are some:-

• Read and Memorise.
  • Summary notes - short version of main notes.
  • List of keywords for each topic covered, which can act as "triggers" for other ideas.
  • Some kind of diagrammatic representation of notes can be helpful.
  • Revise with a friend or colleague - if possible, exchange ideas during revision - this can be very helpful to both people in understanding topics and building confidence.
  • Questions and Answers - get a friend to ask you specific questions about topics and think up questions to ask your friend. This will test and help to build your own understanding.
  • Make up a set of revision cards - with one main topic per card, each topic listing ideas or information for this topic. You can carry these cards with you and, if you choose, get them out and revise whilst a passenger in a car or on the bus or train, or when queuing somewhere.
  • If possible, ask your teacher or tutor to revise topics you are unsure about and try to get the tutor to help you to fully understand the topic.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Good Luck!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                               Plz. approve by clicking 'Yes' given below!!!!!!   Plz. Plz. Plz.!!!!!!!!
  • Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free