I couldnt write 12th cbse 2010 and will be writing the exam this march as a private candidate ,unexpectedly i was unable to study for the whole year due to sme private reasons. Iam obivious that i will fail this year.(although i can try pass marks , i want to imrove marks tat further wastes next 1 yr) Iam interested to pursue engineering and iam absolute sure that i could get high mark in cbse 2012and good rank in AIEEE 2012 or any other entrace examms But my parents are suggesting me for degree or diploma course..and iam unable to resist that..partially i don't want tat.Although i repeat this year will it induce any problems in job, interview selection(i think my 12th certificate shows passed in 2012 so they may conclude no yrs wasted??or they conclude frm my DOB??) ??? Or is a degree better for me?is there any good job and respect for tat nowadays?? OR should i go for repeating AIEEE along with any diploma(is tat possible)?Do you know any such cases like mine??What's the other opinions do u feel? Plz, i want ur respectful advice which i have depend on for my future prospects..

I couldnt write 12th cbse 2010 and will be writing the  exam this march as a private candidate ,unexpectedly i was unable to study for the whole year due to sme private reasons. Iam obivious that i will fail this year.(although i can try pass marks , i want to imrove marks tat further wastes next 1 yr)

Iam interested to pursue engineering and iam absolute sure that i could get high mark in cbse 2012and good rank in AIEEE 2012 or any other entrace examms

But my parents are suggesting me for  degree or diploma course..and iam unable to resist that..partially i don't want tat.Although i repeat this year will it induce any problems in job, interview selection(i think my 12th certificate shows passed in 2012 so they may conclude no yrs wasted??or they conclude frm my DOB??) ???

Or is a degree better for me?is there any good job and respect for tat nowadays??

OR should i go for repeating AIEEE along with any diploma(is tat possible)?Do you know any such cases like mine??What's the other opinions do u feel?

Plz, i want ur respectful advice which i have depend on for my future prospects..

Grade:11

3 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

If you are doing your engineering from a reputed college then dropping will not effect your career, you will be able to get a good job...

BEST OF LUCK.....

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

Please post the same doubt only once...

BEST OF LUCK.............

suryakanth AskiitiansExpert-IITB
105 Points
13 years ago

Dear Hari,

Your situation is different, you should pass 12th with good perecentage which is going to be a good plus point at the time of your interviews.Regarding diploma or degree i dont think there are going to be any job offers.Its all uncertain that a degree or diploma give you a good job.If you do your engginerring in a good college, yes then there are going to be good job opportunities.And a B.E from a good engg college will earn you good respect.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free