Sir, I am getting CIVIL ENGINEERING branch in DTU but as i am interested in IIT i want to drop and wants to prepare for JEE ADVANCED 2019 instead of taking admission in DTU. So should i take admission in DTU or should i drop out? Will the gap students face any problem during placements in IIT colleges?

Sir, I am getting CIVIL ENGINEERING branch in DTU but as i am interested in IIT i want to drop and wants to prepare for JEE ADVANCED 2019 instead of taking admission in DTU. So should i take admission in DTU or should i drop out?  
Will the gap students face any problem during placements in IIT colleges?

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Eshan
askIITians Faculty 2095 Points
5 years ago
Dear student,

Undoubtedly, if you drop, you increase your chances of getting a better rank by many times.

No, taking a drop or not does not matter during placements; only does your capability and the brand name of your college.

Best wishes.
RAHUL ROHILLA
askIITians Faculty 873 Points
5 years ago
No there is no issue in placements. How you spend your 4 years in IIT,only that is considered in placements
You see alot of students are afraid to drop ,but you have to look for the end result. Studying in an IIT does matter more in comparison to other colleges. Please call on our helpline for a counselling session regarding the same,and we wil be able to help you better.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free