plz tell me what lhl n rhl are n how to evaluate it using an example..and also tell me the conditions to evaluate lhl rhl n condition for continuity n differentiablity..thanx in advance

plz tell me what lhl n rhl are n how to evaluate it using an example..and also tell me the conditions to evaluate lhl rhl n condition for continuity n differentiablity..thanx in advance

Grade:

1 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

For a wire, the left hand rule states that if the wire is grasped by wrapping the hand around it with the thumb pointing in the direction of electron flow, the fingers will be In a generator, if we apply the left hand rule (using electron flow instead of conventional current), we can find the direction of (electron) current flow that is induced in the conductor if we know the direction of the movement of the conductor and the direction of the magnetic field. Extend the left hand, and stick out the thumb. Then stick out the index finger in a direction that is an extension of the arm. The tumb will be "up" and the index finger will be "out" at 90 degrees from the thumb. Now stick out the middle finger to form a 90 degree angle with both the thumb and the index finger. Now you have a digit pointing in each of three directions that are mutually 90 degrees apart, each one from the others. Let's apply this mnemonic.
By pointing the thumb in the direction of the movement of the wire, and the index finger in the direction of the magnetic field, the middle finger will be pointing in the direction electrons will be moving as a result of the induced voltage in the conductor. It's just that simple and easy. Remember that both these mnemonics are "opposite" of Fleming's left hand rule, because we chose to speak to electron flow rather than use the idea of conventional current.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free