This dilemma is making me nuts. My JEE Advanced rank is 4910 and of course my priority is computer science engineering which I can get in new IITs like Palakkad and all. I need your help to realise two questions. First: Shall I take mechanical in mandi and upgrade to cs or shall I directly opt for cs in Palakkad? Second: I personally feel that in the long run branch doesn`t matter as long as the college is good like old IITs but as you can guess I would be getting lower branches like textile in iitd and design in iitg and so. What should I do? I also think that analytic and consulting companies come in old ones and not in new ones. And my JEE Mains Rank is 17972. Thanks in advance, please help.

This dilemma is making me nuts. My JEE Advanced rank is 4910 and of course my priority is computer science engineering which I can get in new IITs like Palakkad and all. I need your help to realise two questions. First: Shall I take mechanical in mandi and upgrade to cs or shall I directly opt for cs in Palakkad? Second: I personally feel that in the long run branch doesn`t matter as long as the college is good like old IITs but as you can guess I would be getting lower branches like textile in iitd and design in iitg and so. What should I do? I also think that analytic and consulting companies come in old ones and not in new ones. And my JEE Mains Rank is 17972. Thanks in advance, please help.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Shivam, almost everone is mad after getting mechanical branch but as you said that you are stuck in between CS and Mechanical, so, I’d suggest that CSE at IIT Mandi is pretty good. As far as academics are concerned, we have pretty good faculty with Director himself from CSE background.Our unique curriculum helps one to learn a lot of inter-disciplinary subjects( more than other IITs) apart from your core courses, which will help you gain inter-disciplinary knowledge.Placements for CSE are also good with almost everyone getting placed every year.For the past year, highest packages was around 27lpa, lowest-6lpa and average around 12–13lpa.Apart from all this IIT Mandi is situated at an awesome location.

Rest is up to you to make up your mind to choose a branch that interests you the most. Here I’d like to sugest the names of certain other reputed institutions as well which may be considered for comparison and contrast before actually getting admission somewhere – SRM University, Chennai,................DTU, Delhi and..................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free