sir plz help me. which is better iit bhu electronics/electrical or iit bombay civil? i have to arrange it in jee choice filling

sir plz help me.
which is better iit bhu electronics/electrical or iit bombay civil?
i have to arrange it in jee choice filling 

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago

Dear Friend, let me tell you that a good thing is Electrical dept. is relatively stress free. There used to be some good Professors and some of the courses like Digital Electronics and Microprocessors are really cool. Placement scene was okay in my time - Infosys, TCS picked up half the junta. Some core electrical companies like ABB, PGCL used to come to the campus. Maybe it’s better now. You can get good grades without studying much. I read somewhere that nowadays most of the software companies (even Facebook) is open to Electrical branch, I don’t know for sure - someone who is from IIT BHU Electrical studying there or recently passed out will know.

Bad thing is Electrical Engineering in BHU is different from what is normally called Electrical Engg. in the IITs. In the IITs they teach both core Electrical and Electronics under the same branch “Electrical”. That doesn’t happen in IIT BHU. In BHU Electrical and Electronics are different branches.

The electrical curriculum is crammed towards Power Systems/Control Systems. Although they have some Computer Science/Electronics courses it’s not enough.I am not going to comment on parts of your question to do with Civil Engineering etc, as there is not much scope for civil branch these days. Anyway, you may choose either of these institutions – Gitam Institute of Technology, Vishakhapatnam,............................DPG Institute of Technology and management, Gurgaon,...........................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free