Sir my obc rank is 1724 and i am inclined towards mechanical because of my interest in energy related matters.is there any probability of getting any of old IITs? Or any other branch which which consist of related topic?

Sir my obc rank is 1724 and i am inclined towards mechanical because of my interest in energy related matters.is there any probability of getting any of old IITs? Or any other branch which which consist of related topic?

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Student, it may be possible because Mechanical engineering is  one of the oldest branches of engineering. It is also referred to as the  ‘mother’ branch of engineering. Another appealing feature of mechanical  engineering is that the application base of this field of study is  extremely broad and diverse. Almost all inventions during the ancient  period and a vast majority in the modern era are direct contributions of  one or the other application of mechanics.
Traditionally, mechanical  engineers have to deal with concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics,  robotics, kinematics, structural analysis, fluid mechanics and many  others. These concepts are applied in the process of designing  state-of-the-art manufacturing units, different types of motor vehicles,  aircraft and aerospace parts and a vast assortment of industrial  machinery. Mechanical engineers also contribute in the development of  various engines, power plant equipment, heating and cooling systems and  other simple and complex machinery,.But I’d suggest you to try your luck at some other reputed institutions as well, youn may consider – PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh,.......................Osmania University, Hyderabad,...................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free