sir, i am expecting a rank in the 500-600 range in jee advanced’14. being a girl i am a little opprehensive about opting for branches like mechanical and electrical . i am extremely confused about which branch to choose :electrical, mechanical,chemical at iitk or chemical at iitd . also i have no idea about what to expect from electrical engineering and whether i would be interested in it .chemical seems to be the most familiar branch out there ,but then electrical engineering is considered to be superior . i also wish to know if mechanical is a suitable branch for girls and also if somebody with no prior knowledge of a branch like electrical can excel in it .

sir,  i am expecting a rank in the 500-600 range in jee advanced’14. being a girl i am a little opprehensive about opting for branches like mechanical and electrical . i am extremely confused about which branch to choose :electrical, mechanical,chemical at iitk or chemical at iitd . also i have no idea about what to expect from electrical engineering and whether i would be interested in it .chemical seems to be the most familiar branch out there ,but then electrical engineering is considered to be superior . i also wish to know if mechanical is a suitable branch for girls and also if somebody with no prior knowledge of a branch like electrical  can excel in it .

Grade:

1 Answers

Jitender Singh IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 158 Points
9 years ago
Hi Asma,
With a rank between 500-600, i think you should take Mathematics & Computing at IITD. This branch deals with computer science and mathematics. I have seen many girls in this branch in my batch & my senior batch. Also, there are girls in the Electrical department. I suggest you should go for it without thinking too much. By the way, your preference order should be:
Mathematics & Computing > Electrical > Chemical
Good Luck!
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free