I want electrical engineering at IIT. But I don't think I will get EE.After looking at the course syllabus, I found that Engineering Physics is very close to Electrical engineering.But my actual interest is only the electrical engineering part. I want to do a MS in EE.Should I take EP? Pl help.

I want electrical engineering at IIT. But I don't think I will get EE.After looking at the course syllabus, I found that Engineering Physics is very close to Electrical engineering.But my actual interest is only the electrical engineering part. I want to do a MS in EE.Should I take EP? Pl help.

Grade:12

3 Answers

Apoorva Arora IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 181 Points
9 years ago
Hi,
Engineering Physics is indeed very similar to Electrical Engineering branch. In fact, it will be more informative but a little less practical. You can go for it. Also, after having a degree in Eng. Physics, you can easily do an MS in Electrical Engineering in any of the renowned colleges abroad.

Thanks and Regards
Apoorva Arora
IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty
Abcdefg
12 Points
9 years ago
Ok. Does EP involve any Integrated Circuits Programming? Something along the lines of Robotics?
chandrakiran anem
24 Points
9 years ago
I am a student of electrical enginnering dept of IITG, so having seen the curriculum of EP I hardly notice any similarities in the syllabus of EP and EE except in elecrodynamics and electromagnetics, EP mostly deals with applied physics as such. Since you know about EE you might be able to now find the sounding difference

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free