I want a suggestion of which branch to take in which IIT. I am getting 177/372 expected rank is about 2500. I prefer CS but open to other branches as I don`t have any particular interest in any branch. Is IIT Dhanbad at par with old IITs. Are new IITs dependable?

I want a suggestion of which branch to take in which IIT. I am getting 177/372 expected rank is about 2500. I prefer CS but open to other branches as I don`t have any particular interest in any branch. Is IIT Dhanbad at par with old IITs. Are new IITs dependable?

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
7 years ago
Yes, you can choose new IITs also for CS undoubtly...check their ranking on MHRD weblink for this year...
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Student, your score and rank are quite good and so you are allowed to choose a branch of your choice but make sure that you keep yourself updated by visiting the official website of the IIT and along with that be sure that you keep track of the counselling rounds too. I have a suggestion for you to visit the official weblinks of some chosen institutions where you may draw requisite information related to admission criteria and thus, you may get that information, these institutions are – Ambalika Institute of Management and Technology, Lucknow,....................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,............................BITS, Pilani,.....................BHU, Varanasi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free