I'm in class 9. I'm an avg.student 95%+ I'm not famous at school,I'm not considered as a topper among students neither I've an impression on teachers still I wanna get CSE in IIT Bombay. My friends who go to coaching are solving past IIT papers, Raoult's Law,Ohm's Law,Boyles Law, Differentiations etc.. Using irodov ia maron,op tandon,a das Gupta.etc.My mentor told me that it is important to master your NCERT portion and there is no need to go for advanced topics in 9th&10th. I only use R.D Sharma class 9 and lakhmir Singh s.chand. My friends make fun of me they say I can't get even near to IIT . I've great obsession for science and somehow I can apply it to weird situations . Can any IITian relate?

I'm in class 9. I'm an avg.student 95%+ I'm not famous at school,I'm not  considered as a topper among students neither I've an impression on teachers still I wanna get CSE in IIT Bombay. My friends who go to coaching are solving past IIT papers, Raoult's Law,Ohm's Law,Boyles Law, Differentiations etc.. Using irodov ia maron,op tandon,a das Gupta.etc.My mentor told me that it is important to master your NCERT portion and there is no need to go for advanced topics in 9th&10th. I only use R.D Sharma class 9 and lakhmir Singh s.chand. My friends make fun of me they say I can't get even near to  IIT . I've great obsession for science and somehow I can apply it to weird situations . Can any IITian relate?

Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
4 years ago
Dear student

You need to do advanced topic also but cover your NCERT first.
You have much time. Don't be in hurry.
Vikas TU
14149 Points
4 years ago
Dear student 
I will dvise you to focus on NCERT , HC Verma of class 9 and 10 and RD Sharma. 
Develo a good command over logics. 
Good Luck 
Yashraj
908 Points
3 years ago
do ncert frst then try for books of pearson education as a wisher i would like to tell these book will boost up ur score
Expert at askIITians
16 Points
3 years ago
First complete NCERT. Then solve RD sharma, S Chand for science. After completing them focus on advanced topics if you are intereted..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free