I have got 15000 rank general and 3300 obc in advance and getting branches like chemical engineering, biotechnology, ceramic, material science, metallurgy etc in different iits. I am also getting admission in different iiits through jee mains and other colleges through jee mains with some offering hood branches but colleges not so good. What should do?

I have got 15000 rank general and 3300 obc in advance and getting branches like chemical engineering, biotechnology, ceramic, material science, metallurgy etc in different iits. I am also getting admission in different iiits through jee mains and other colleges through jee mains with some offering hood branches but colleges not so good. What should do?

Grade:12

1 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
7 years ago
IF you have the interest in branches like chemical, biotechnoogy or any other you can go for IIT as they have a very good placements even for these branches, You can see their placement statistics for different branches before choosing any colleges.

In IITs, you also will have an option of branch change but for that your rank in 1stshould be top for the priority.

But let me also tell you that IIITs are also good colleges, So if you are getting any good branch over there you can go for it aswell.

Thanks, Vijay

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free