i got jee advanced obc rank 512 i want to now how a dual degree differs from general four year btech in iit

i got jee advanced obc rank 512 i want to now how a dual degree differs from general four year btech in iit

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Friend, B.Tech is the single most important conventional (or traditional) reason that has helped IITs to hold sway over engineering education in the country for the last 6 decades. The flagship Bachelor of Technology degree is awarded upon completion of four years of undergraduate studies. The idea is relatively simple – you spend four years of your life pursuing engineering studies in an IIT, and at the end of it all there is ample scope of being rewarded with a good job, or the choice of going ahead with further studies. In case you are inclined towards research work, you are free to take up Masters studies in Indian and foreign universities.

On the other hand a dual degree is one of the novelties of the present day education system, first put in place by foreign universities and then successfully adopted by the IITs. In a Dual degree course, you are allowed to do a Bachelors and a Masters degree in a single course! A Dual degree lets you complete the two degrees in just 5 years, whereas, individually the courses would entail 6 years. In simple words, this seems like an attractive combo package!

However, the important thing to note about Dual degrees is that it is more suited for those students who are oriented towards higher studies and research work. Thus, even before joining the course, you might have to take a decision about how you want your future to unfold. However, this takes nothing away from the fact that the degree, by itself, is an asset to your life and can propel your future to unprecedented heights, if you know how to make the best use of it.

Apart from IITs there are certain other highly reputed institutions which are offering dual degree fro the benefit of students, you may consider opting anyone for admission out of these  – BITS Pilani, Rajasthan,............Gitam Institute of Technology, Vishakhapatnam,..................Maharishi Markandeshwar Engineering COllege, Mullana, Haryana,....................Christ University, Bangalore,.....................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free