I got a rank of 1340 in jee advanced 2015 .I want to take course in one of the top 4 iits. Being a north indian,I'm being skeptical about joining IIT madras,also I would like to know about the scope of energy engg. Dual degree in IIT Bombay.please guide.

I got a rank of 1340 in jee advanced 2015 .I want to take course in one of the top 4 iits. Being a north indian,I'm being skeptical about joining IIT madras,also I would like to know about the scope of energy engg. Dual degree in IIT Bombay.please guide.

Grade:12

3 Answers

subham
40 Points
8 years ago
At your rank, the best option seems to be MATHS AND COMPUTING at IIT Kanpur.
Ayush Agrawal
23 Points
8 years ago
I actually do not have much interest in computing related branches.What about energy engg..in bombay.? Does IIT Madras provide a good option for north Indians??.I have heard the dominance of south Indian population  there.??
subham
40 Points
8 years ago
Maths and computing at IIT KANPUR involves Mathematics course, Computer Science courses,finance courses,etc.  Last year this branch get closed at 1800. Further, KANPUR is one of the best three IITs. Even if you consider placement perspective, it is really great option. People get placed in Finance companies, Software companies,etc. I do not have idea about energy engg. at IIT Bombay , but this is not famous at all. Further i will not suggest you to go in south if you have great options at IIT KANPUR. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free