I belong to sc category and i have qualified for prepratory course under 2987 rank can i get any iit for prepratory course???

I belong to sc category and i have qualified for prepratory course under 2987 rank can i get any iit for prepratory course???

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
7 years ago
The IITs have announced the one year preparatory course for SC/ST candidates who have not qualified to be allotted seats for the current year. Students shortlisted for this course must successfully complete it to join the B.Tech courses at the IITs. The Preparatory Courses is a one year residential programmes and as the name suggests prepares the students to be eligible for the B.Tech or Dual Degree Courses at the IITs.

The Preparatory Course of the IITs is held primarily to improve the intake of SC/ST students in the B.Tech and Dual Degree programme
….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….
As told earlier, the counselling of JEE Advanced 2016 will be held in online mode. In it, candidates will have to register and state their options for college and the course. Once the choice filling will end, seat allocation result will be displayed. Candidates who will be allocated seat in it will be required to accept it, within the due duration. When the deadline to claim the allocated seat will lapse, seat matrix for filled and vacant seat will be released for candidates seeking admission in next round of counselling. In all, three rounds of JEE advanced counselling will be held. However, the fourth round of counselling will also be held but only for the admission into NITs, IIITs and Other GFTIs, i.e via JEE Main score. The step by step procedureof the JEE Advance 2016 Counselling is explained below:

Online Registration: Firstly, candidates will have to register online, in the official JEE Advanced 2016 counselling portal. The portal will become functional in June 2016. Candidates will have to register through the portal, else the seat will not be allocated to them during the counselling of JEE Advanced.

Online Filling of Choices: Candidates will have to enter the desired branch and institute in which they seek admission. Choices have to be filled in decreasing order of the priority, during the registration. Candidates can add or delete, even rearrange, their choices as many times as they wish to and can also apply for multiple choices. Once the choices are filed candidates are supposed to lock their choices for JEE Advanced 2016. Candidates are advised to choose the maximum number of courses. For Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering courses, candidates will have to fulfil additional fitness criteria. Aspirants seeking admission in Petroleum Engineering courses, and M.Sc. Tech. in Applied Geology should not be suffering from colour blindness.

Note: Female candidates are not eligible for admission in ISM Dhanbad (Mining and Machinery Engineering courses).

Seat Allotment Result: The seat allotment in JEE Advanced 2016 counselling will be done the basis of All India Rank of the candidate in the Advanced paper. It will be done in multiple rounds. Last year, three rounds of seat allotment were held.

Seat Allocation and Reporting: When the seats will be allocated, candidates will have to report at the authorised centre and claim it. To do so, candidates will have to get certain documents. it will start from july, 01

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free