I am basically interested in physics and want to pursue a career in research. After completing my B.Tech I am thinking of doing my masters from a foreign univ.So I have been thinking of taking up Eng Phy at IIT B.Can u tell me about the placement opportunities in this branch in case I drop the idea of higher education? Also I have received mixed reviews regarding this branch.MY friends who are in the IITs told me to pursue whatever interests me but some people are not very enthusiastic about this branch.They want me to take up a core branch.So what should I do? Is my decision correct?

I am basically interested in physics and want to pursue a  career in research. After completing my B.Tech I am thinking of doing my masters from a foreign univ.So I have been thinking of taking up Eng Phy at IIT B.Can u tell me about the placement  opportunities in this branch in case  I drop the idea of higher education?
Also I have received mixed reviews regarding this branch.MY friends who are in the IITs told me to pursue whatever interests me but some people are not very enthusiastic about this branch.They want me to take up a core branch.So what should I do? Is my decision correct?

Grade:12

1 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
You are very clear about your future. You want to go or masters then there is no need to worry about placements that too in IITB, definitely the plcements will be good may the avergae packages are lesser than CSE or EC. All the best

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free