Hey, I got 2890 in jee advanced. My top choices are 1.chemical engg dual in kgp ​2.manufacturing science and engg in kgp 3.industrial engg in kgp 4. btech metallurgical engineering and material sciences with mtech in ceramics and composites ( i might get the 4 year course too) ​5. textile tech in delhi Though, IIT Bombay is quite damn appealing and i’m pretty serious about getting a branch change too, but what if i don’t! Is metallurgy good enough to provide me with a secure career? Based upon my research, chemical dual in kgp has great opportunities for foreign internships/ placements. Manufacturing Science and engg seems good too. These branches have way better future prospects than meta, but is bombay a good enough reason to go with meta? Please help. What comes out as the best choice?

Hey, I got 2890 in jee advanced. My top choices are
1.chemical engg dual in kgp
​2.manufacturing science and engg in kgp
3.industrial engg in kgp
4.  btech metallurgical engineering and material sciences with mtech in ceramics and composites ( i might get the 4 year course too)
​5. textile tech in delhi

Though, IIT Bombay is quite damn appealing and i’m pretty serious about getting a branch change too, but what if i don’t! Is metallurgy good enough to provide me with a secure career?
Based upon my research, chemical dual in kgp has great opportunities for foreign internships/ placements.
Manufacturing Science and engg seems good too.
These branches have way better future prospects than meta, but is bombay a good enough reason to go with meta?

Please help. What comes out as the best choice?

Grade:12

1 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
Chem in KGP

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free