Hello i have a query, a doubt rather ...i might get a rank under 8k in jee advanced and have done quite well in jee mains...i am also getting bits goa chemical and bits Hyderabad mechanical ..i might possibly get iiit hyderabad electronics dual degree too..but i am keen on pursuing petroleum as a career followed by computer science...please tell me if rgipt is a good college and of the calliber of iit and ism? urgent help needed guys

Hello i have a query, a doubt rather ...i might get a rank under 8k in jee advanced and have done quite well in jee mains...i am also getting bits goa chemical and bits Hyderabad mechanical ..i might possibly get iiit hyderabad  electronics dual degree too..but i am keen on pursuing petroleum as a career followed by computer science...please tell me if rgipt is a good college and of the calliber of iit and ism?

urgent help needed guys

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Ankit
askIITians Faculty 170 Points
7 years ago
RGIPT would be a decent choice if you really want to pursue Petroleum engineering career, since it is an institute of national importance, but it cannot be compared to IITs in terms of calliber.
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
The institutions that you have mentioned here, are all quite reputed and elite class, you may go for any one of them without much thinking, but if you think that at RGIPT you may be able to live your dream of Petroleum Engineering then go for it, visit the official website of RGIPT and check the details for your eligibility along with that you must keep checking details of some other leading institutions with other branches as well so that you may compare and contrast the features, facilities,study programs, placements etc, consider these names – Quantum School of Engineering, Roorkee,.............Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,................BHU, Varanasi,..................BITS, pilani

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free