"PLEASE REPLY SOON" sir, i had given jee advanced 2013 and according to rank which i had secured im getting mathematics and computing at iit delhi.but i wated to pursue computer science and engeneering from either of iit delhi, bombay, kanpur or madras.so i just wanted to know how is mathematics and computing different frm CSE Branch.MOST IMPORTANTLY DOES THE CURRICULUM OF COMPUTERS VARY VASTLY IN BOTH STREAMS.sir please reply soon as ive fill choices urgently till june 30. SHASHANK

"PLEASE REPLY SOON"

sir,

i had given jee advanced 2013 and according to  rank which i had secured im getting mathematics and computing at iit delhi.but i wated to pursue computer science and engeneering from either of iit delhi, bombay, kanpur or madras.so i just wanted to know how is mathematics and computing different frm CSE Branch.MOST IMPORTANTLY DOES THE CURRICULUM OF COMPUTERS VARY VASTLY IN BOTH STREAMS.sir please reply soon as ive fill choices urgently till june 30.

SHASHANK

Grade:

1 Answers

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
10 years ago

Hmm Shashank , Mathematics and computing is absolutely a different branch than CSE and the curriculum also differs . Probably more focus is on data interpretation and computer based numerical and statistical techniques rather than studying UNIX or Operating systems or Artificial Intelligence. But then , after all this believe me , none not even google , facebook , amazon , direct i etc which are amongst the best recruiters care for anything except for your knowledge of C/C++/JAVA and your stronghold in algorithmic techniques which you will be taught very well . One more thing is that programming language is a thing which no one other than you yourself can teach you . So, keep an aim in mind to become perfect at whatever language you are taught , the algorithms and try to participate on a regular basis in online coding competitions . For your confidence , I have two such people whom I know .. one is Rizwan Hudda , a Mathematics and computing student (M.Tech) at IIT K who has secured a 45 lac pakage in India which is by far amongst the highest and Shaharat Ibrahimpur , a B.Tech mathematics and computing student in IIT R who is amongst the top most coders currently in India . These two excelled because they gave prederence to coding infact rizwan hudda got a job which is required to develop algos based on statistical data .

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free