Respected sir, I have secured a rank of 2695 in jee2012. with this rank i may not be getting the branch of my choice in the top 5 iits. My BITSAT score is 369 and i beleive i can get CS there easily. AHowever there wont be the brand value. i am confused whether i should chose bits or old iits with a compromised branch with expectation of branch change or other iits with better branch. plz help. PS: Considering the branch change part i beleive i am a good student and just got unlucky on jee day. However i dont have any idea about the hardships that a student has to go through to effect a branch change. Plz guide.

Respected sir,
 I have secured a rank of 2695 in jee2012.
with this rank i may not be getting the branch of my choice in the top 5 iits.
My BITSAT score is 369 and i beleive i can get CS there easily. AHowever there wont be the brand value. i am confused whether i should chose bits or old iits with a compromised branch with expectation of branch change or other iits with better branch. plz help.
PS: Considering the branch change part i beleive i am a good student and just got unlucky on jee day. However i dont have any idea about the hardships that a student has to go through to effect a branch change. Plz guide.

Grade:Upto college level

5 Answers

hxaj xcjj
15 Points
11 years ago

old iit with compromised branch is highly risky-there are many students who go there in that hope which results in dissappointment..
even the jee 2012 topper wouldve got 397 on 401 if students had to mark with a pencil..he realised his mistake during the exam but couldnt change due to pen marking..about 90% of the students say that they had a bad day on jee..so everybody had a bad day..
once you go to iit-various events keep happening thatll keep you distracted from studies..branch change is hard..
bits pilani is a college on par with top 5 iits.. 

Amitosh Anand
16 Points
11 years ago

Thanks for answering.!!!

Well could you plz give some info on branch change statistcs. And i know everyone would say it was there unlucky day, but i said that cause i know many people can prove to be better than me when the question level is low. Its mostly luck. I dont think the jee questions were that tough that it can be the real parameter for ones knowledge and intelligence. In fact it is one of the worst ways. Its not subjective where you really have to think about applying concepts, its mostly 50% luck. i m not sayin i will be the topper of the institute but i know where i stand.

s s
18 Points
11 years ago

dont confuse ..go for CSE in BITS , branch change is little hard because  there are lots of distractions in (old) IITs and student having even 500 rank fights for branch change to CSE .. generally IITs have two scenes.... one consists CSE DEP and other consists all other DEPs..

Nikhil Verma
14 Points
9 years ago
@ Amitosh: so where did you finally join?
I’m in the same situation (BITSAT: 370 and JEE:200/360)
rishabh agarwal
20 Points
9 years ago
nskd

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free