ir i am expecting to get of about 6000 and under. what are the iits and branches e can i expect t get definitely? i want to do engg from iit and would keep ism and it-bhu as second option. please help and suggest the branches available likely in new iits. thanking in anticipation

ir i am expecting to get  of about 6000 and under. what are the iits and branches e can i expect t get definitely? i want to do engg from iit and would keep ism and it-bhu as second option. please help and suggest the branches available likely in new iits. thanking in anticipation

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Vicky Agarwal
31 Points
12 years ago

You have mentioned that u would like to keep IT-BHU as second option but let me inform you that IT-BHU is sure to become an IIT as the Bill for conversion of IT-BHU to an IIT is in the last stages in the Rajya Sabha. So its advisable that you prefer old IITs then IT-BHU and then new IITs as new IITs have zero infrastructure.

Opening and closing ranks move up and down every year. As far as 6000 rank is considered, i have considered the branches which close after 5500.

IIT Kharagpur

G039 B. Arch  5 year

G041 Applied Geology 5 yr MSc

G044 Chemistry MSc 5 year

G046 Exploration Geophysics MSc 5 yr

IIT Jodhpur

J035 Sstems Science 4 year B.Tech

IIT Kanpur

K044 Chemistry 4yr BS

IIT Roorkee

R034 Pulp and Paper 4 yr B. Tech (Saharanpur Campus)

R039 B.Arch 5 yr

R042 Maths 5 yr MSc

R044 Chemistry 5 yr MSc

R049 Physics 5 yr MSC

R058 Polymer Science 5yr MTech

IT-BHU

V006 Ceramic Engg 4yr B Tech

V028 Mining 4yr

V037 BPharma 4yr

V040 M Pharma 5 yr

V056 Industrial Chemistry 5 yr M Tech

V064 Bioengineering + Biomedical IDD 5yr