My IIT rank is 5323 and AIEEE rank is 6165. I am getting mining and similar streams and MSc at IITs and electrical or CSE at NITs. What should i do?

My IIT rank is 5323 and AIEEE rank is 6165. I am getting mining and similar streams and MSc at IITs and electrical or CSE at NITs. What should i do?

Grade:12th Pass

3 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear Sankha N. Guria,

Doing a B.Tech in Mining Engg or a B.Tech in Metallurical & Materials Science Engg from IIT's(Old IIT's) is always better than doing Core Branches(ECE,EEE,CSE,Mech) from NIT's because you will have higher packages for these Lower branches in IIT's then these core branches in Top NIT's !!

My suggestion to you as an analyst is that you should readily go for IIT-Kharagpur (Mining Engg) !!

That will be the best choice for your future !!

For more information on Mining Engg at IIT-Kharagpur,please click on the link given below

http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/departments/home.php?deptcode=MI

All the very best to you !!

Hope this helped you immensely ..!!

If you loved the answer then please do not forget to approve it by clicking on "Yes" below..!!!

VIPUL GUPTA
52 Points
12 years ago

i suggest you go for iitkgp mining.

dont let your iit-jee rank go waste bcs no nit can ever match up to iitkgp standard. still you wont get cs in 5 top nits and it ill turn out to be a huge waste going some poor->nit->cs rather than going to iitkgp.

make your final decision keeping these things in mind.BEST of LUK!!

Jaya IITK
207 Points
12 years ago

go for nit trichy or warangal

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plzzzzz approve my answer by clicking on yes below!!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free