I am getting around 260 in JEE and expecting a rank between 2500-4000. I've always wanted to do B.Tech in Computer Science but I wont be able to get it in the IITs. According to previous years opening and closing ranks, I find that the best I could get in the field of computers is a branch "Mathematics and Computing - 5 yrs" in IIT Kanpur/Kharagpur/Guwahati. Also if everything goes well, I may get Computer Science in IT-BHU. I wanted to know out of "Mathematics and Computing in one of the old IITs" and "Computer Science Engineering in IT-BHU", what should be more preferred from placement point of view and also which could help me lay a strong foundation for getting admissions for masters degree in a good college in US.

I am getting around 260 in JEE and expecting a rank between 2500-4000.

I've always wanted to do B.Tech in Computer Science but I wont be able to get it in the IITs. According to previous years opening and closing ranks, I find that the best I could get in the field of computers is a branch "Mathematics and Computing - 5 yrs" in IIT Kanpur/Kharagpur/Guwahati. Also if everything goes well, I may get Computer Science in IT-BHU.

I wanted to know out of "Mathematics and Computing in one of the old IITs" and "Computer Science Engineering in IT-BHU", what should be more preferred from placement point of view and also which could help me lay a strong foundation for getting admissions for masters degree in a good college in US.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Harsh Patodia IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 907 Points
8 years ago
Go for Applied maths in Rookee. The placement are really awesome there and secondly you can get CS in new IITs. Mathematics and Computing is kanpur among all.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free