Sir, i would like the know the procedure of changing the branch in iit.also i would like to know that if someone gets a lower branch in iit, is it advisable to go for the branch and then may be opt for a better branch after first year???

Sir, i would like the know the procedure of changing the branch in iit.also i would like to know that if someone gets a lower branch in iit, is it advisable to go for the branch and then may be opt for a better branch after first year???

Grade:

1 Answers

Sonu Kr Mishra Mishra AskIITian Expert -IITG
57 Points
12 years ago

CGPA IS an index on the basis of which ur performance is graded.......IITs have a relative grading system......you can get 8/10 even ur performance was not good...but can get 7 when its good.........because it depends on is the average  score...and the highest score....

you will be given grades for each subject....

AA - 10

AB - 9

BB -8

BC -7

THEN it will be multiplied with the no of credits it has...all such scores for each subject then will be added.....

then the total will be divided by the total credits...

eg:

math - AA - 10   8credits

physics -AB - 9   8credits

chem - BB - 8    8credits

CGPA = (10*8 + 9*8 +8*8) / (8+8+8);

my IIT (IITG) the min cgpa for branch change is 8.0.

MY CPI(cgpa) IS 9.36....I AM CHANGING MY BRANCH FROM CIVIL TO ECE.....

PLEASE HOPE FOR ME.....AND

please approve the answer if you felt it was informative..-)

CHANGING A BRANCH IS A GOOD DECISION.....I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO TAKE THE BEST BRANCH AVAILABLE TO YOU IN ANY OF THE SEVEN IITS......THEN TRY FOR THE BRANCH CHANGE...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free