If any IIT aspirant is doubtful about IIT Guwahati..Please clear all your doubts...before making any decision...Just post your questions with IIT Guwahati as the Topic...I will try to clear all your doubts... Best of luck...

If any IIT aspirant is doubtful about IIT Guwahati..Please clear all your doubts...before making any decision...Just post your questions with IIT Guwahati as the Topic...I will try to clear all your doubts... Best of luck...

Grade:Upto college level

12 Answers

deepika manasa
18 Points
12 years ago

Hello sir,

i am getting jee score around 280 and i want to know if mech or ece in iit roorkee or iit guwahati or in bits pilani cse branch is better?i got 348 in bitsat.

thank you

Ronak Jain
16 Points
12 years ago

How Many Marks or What Rank I Should Target To Get Computer Science In IIT-G?

Sonu Kr Mishra Mishra AskIITian Expert -IITG
57 Points
12 years ago

see the placements of iit guwahati cse is at par with other iits........but still its not the favourite destination of toppers......so you can easily get computer science even if your rank is 1000-1500...cant say about marks........because it may vary

57 Points
12 years ago

see ..both the branches are good....i would suggest.ece IITG....because i am a student of IITG :)...Its an IIT at tn=he end of the day......what do you wanna become...engineering student or an IITian....

if you are a interested in CSE.....then the question ends......but with 280 marks you have a chance of IITG CSE also  :)

placement average salary of IITG 2009-2010---> 6.24lpa...BITS pilani ---> 5.2lpa

2010-2011 -----> 7.4lpa......BITs pilani--->mush lesser....not having the exact data

IIT G CSE

IITG ECE

IIT R Mech

BITs PILANI CSE....

you may shuffle the last two...

Ronak Jain
16 Points
12 years ago

Sir, My Dream Clg is IIT-G . Earlier u told me to target 1000-1500 Rank to Get CSE here. Is there Any Chance Of CSE-Dual Degree in this range?

aman gupta
27 Points
12 years ago

which one at iit guwahati is better ?? ece or cse ??
i have heard that most of the electronic companies take only the top 20-30 students rest often go to cse jobs?? 

vinay mishra
14 Points
12 years ago

My air is 5800. I may get B.des in iit-g.should i opt for it.what is the prospect of this branch?

57 Points
12 years ago

IITG CSE placement is better than that of ECE ....But ECE placement is also gud....

57 Points
12 years ago

@ Aman : It,s not true .. Some of the very gud students of ECE enter CSE jobs ... and someone who is a backlogger may take an ECE job ... It's upon on what you wanna do ... If U are intersted in a CSE job ...being an IITian you will be versatile enough to take that job ..with a good salary ..and improve upon that ...If u are intersted in only ur electronic field ..a gud number of companis of ECE come ...and you can start your job there ...

Like of top 5 students ..two went in IBM one in ITC ...one in Schlumberger ...and only one in Oracle ....So ECE is a very versatile field ... ECE engineer can take the CSE job but the vice versa is not often true ..

chinmoy
12 Points
9 years ago
sir i was interestd to take cse at iitb . but due to bad performnce in 2nd paper i am getting rank 600-700 .so shud i take any other branch at iit b or at iitd and try to chng my brnch at end of first year or shud i take cs at iit g??
ambikesh gupta
12 Points
9 years ago
as iit guwahati is not in a metropolitan city, is personality development a problem for students?/..a lot of people are saying..dont go there rather look for dtu as it is in delhi and will provide more exposure..also for being a research scientist is engg. physics at iit guwahati a good choice..?
Rohit
40 Points
8 years ago
How is the placement scenario of IIT Guwahati Mechanical?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free