should i take a laptop in the 1st year at iit kharagpur.....or they provide comp in rooms???

should i take a laptop in the 1st year at iit kharagpur.....or they provide comp in rooms???

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

Pratham Ashish
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Sajal,

I would suggest you that laptop is not required in the 1st year and it will just result in wastage of ur tym der. But if u are in comp sc den u may require but it isnot necessary till 2nd sem.So,if u still planning to take laptop der, u must think one more tym as it is needless.

And college itself don't provide comp in rooms , they will provide only net connection in each room.

askiitian expert akshay singh
8 Points
14 years ago

hi sajal,

Firstly,for ur knowledge no iit provides computer in rooms ,u should have ur own desktop or lappy,Secondly,i'll suggest you not to take the lappy now u wait till the end of the semester and then u can take the lappy.First get adjusted to the system,feel the curriculum ,the campus & everything and then decide whether u require a lappy or not.From my past experience there is no need of lappy till the end of first year,after that u require n then u should take the lappy with u.

So,the most optimum time for u to take the lappy will be the end of first semester,so wait till then and enjoy ur life at iit.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free