Hi, I got a rank of 1927 in JEE. I am confused about choosing the branch and the IIT. How is engineering physics (IIT-Delhi and IIT-Madras) or Chemical Eng (IIT-Madras or IIT-Kharagpur) or Mettalurgy (IIT-Mumbai)?

Hi,

I got a rank of 1927 in JEE. I am confused about choosing the branch and the IIT. How is engineering physics (IIT-Delhi and IIT-Madras) or Chemical Eng (IIT-Madras or IIT-Kharagpur) or Mettalurgy (IIT-Mumbai)?

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Kishore IIT Bombay
48 Points
13 years ago

Dear Harshavardhan pandey,

1. First of all congrats to the JEE rank..If you are really very good at Physics and you are really interested in Phd and higher studies then go for Engg Physics in IIT delhi than the madras bcoz delhi is more exposure than the madras...i mean if you are damn good at physics only go..

2.chemical Engg in IIt madras/Kharagpur is good but i mean chemical branch is good at placments so choose which IIt you want to join if you join Madras then you will have good exposure than the Kharagpur..so as per me chemical in IIT madras..

3.IIT bombay is really good place and chill place but coming to the branch it is okay types and placments is also good..

but as per me If you are really very good at Physics go for Engg physics Delhi  or else My opinion is go Chemical in IIT MADRAS..

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best..

regards,

kishore-IIT bombay

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free