is Aerospace engineering advisable at b.tech level or does it narrow down our choice further?? also what job opportunities would be available for aerospace engg grads?? Is it better than mechanical and civil??

is Aerospace engineering advisable at b.tech level or does it narrow down our choice further?? also what job opportunities would be available for aerospace engg grads?? Is it better than mechanical and civil??

Grade:12

1 Answers

Kishore IIT Bombay
48 Points
13 years ago

Hi Vaishnavi Ayyangar,

Generally so many people think that Aerospace means very highfy and the students see Geographic channel and they expect so much and come to IIT..After getting in to IIT-Aerospace they dont get scope of aerospace i mean subjects are really nice and professors are also good but the students think aerospace means very high so they will loss interest but as per me Aerospace will damn good stream and where there will be a lot of scope of Research in aerospace field and the placements are also decent like DRDO,HAL,Airbus types..and dont compare the packages with other streams..

Yeah aerospace engg advisable at B tech level becoz If you are really interested in aerospace means there will be very gud scope of research types..Many of my friends after B-tech in Aerospace stream went for higher studeis for thier research like Phd in MIT,Purdue universities...

Finally Aerospace means it is almost next level of Mechanical Branch where there will be great scope of research work..and also better than the civil branch....

And many gals dont take Aerospace bcoz more mechanical work will be there I am also Aerospace in IIT...and in our batch only one gal is there and 41 boys...

All the best,

Regards,

Kishore-IIT Bombay

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free