I have got 4501 in jee 2010. i am getting civil and chemical and also mathematics and computing (M.Sc.) my interest is maths. how is the placement performance in all the three. plz tell which companies/departments recruit students from this branch? plz. suggest which will be better for me. should i opt for new iits over itbhu. also i m hearing news that itbhu will be converted to iit varanasi this monsoon season. is this true???

I have got 4501 in jee 2010.

i am getting civil and chemical

and also mathematics and computing (M.Sc.)

my interest is maths. how is the placement performance in all the three.

plz tell which companies/departments recruit students from this branch?

plz. suggest which will be better for me.

should i opt for new iits over itbhu.

also i m hearing news that itbhu will be converted to iit varanasi this monsoon season.

is this true???

Grade:12

1 Answers

Kishore IIT Bombay
48 Points
13 years ago

Dear Shubham Sharma,

see mechanical  chemical  and civil are always very good branches in which there will be no fall of bhoom to these branches always rising branches only where there will be nice placements in all the IIT's..So you better choose in which topic you are really very good i mean for chemical or civil types...

As per me better to take chemical branch,generally what people thinks is Chemical means most of chemistry will be there but not like that i mean only chemistry will be there...and for chemical branch there are so many Oil companies and so many PSU companies like IOCL types...whose package is very dcent..and also very good scope of research field..

For civil also there are very good offers i mean like in structural field like construction stream...here also very good package..but for civil if are really good at mechanics in 12th class it will help more in civil engg..

And ofcourse IIT's (K,B,KGP,M,R) are more better than the ITBHU...

All the very best,

Regards,

Kishore-IIT Bombay

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free