wht is the scope of architecture in india??im interested in drwing also..but is it wise to chose it over btech in bhu or dhanbad(i'll only get these with air 4363 :( !!!)how is the aptitude test fr b arch like??

wht is the scope of architecture in india??im interested in drwing also..but is it wise to chose it over btech in bhu or dhanbad(i'll only get these with air 4363 :(  !!!)how is the aptitude test fr b arch like??

Grade:12

1 Answers

Vivek Nigam
28 Points
13 years ago

honourable aspirant,,,

architecture is a vibrant branch to opt for,,having good career prospects and avenues....for b.arch you have to clear an aptitude test which has following syllabus -

SYLLABUS FOR APTITUDE TEST B.ARCH./B.PLANNING

Part I Awareness of persons, places, buildings etc. of Architectural importance. Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings. Visualsing different sides of three dimensional objects. Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities and colour. Analytical reasoning Mental ability.

Part II Three dimensional perception. Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D - union, substraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes; Generation of plan, elevations and 3D views of objects. Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban-scape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles, gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free