will the new iits grow up as good as the old ones in the mean time we r over with r 4 yr. btech prog.???? if i get a rank around say 2200. should v opt for the good branches like e&c , computers ,electrical ,mech. etc in new iits and guwahati or go for civil ,textile etc in old and reputed iits like kanpur ,delhi, bombay, roorkee kharagpur?? thanx annie

will the new iits grow up as good as the old ones in the mean time we r over with r 4 yr. btech prog.????

if i get a rank around say 2200. should v opt for the good branches like e&c , computers ,electrical ,mech. etc in new iits and guwahati or go for civil ,textile etc in old and reputed iits like kanpur ,delhi, bombay, roorkee kharagpur??

thanx

annie

Grade:12

1 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Annie,

I think you shud go for old IIT's coz new IITs are not as developed as old ones in terms of infrastructure and education.. Old IITs are the mentors of new IITs... you shud opt for old IIT's and then after scoring good in first year you can change ur branch in the same through internal sliding ..

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free