How to conduct protein expression in bacteria? I searched the internet, and learned that The first choice for the expression of recombinant proteins is typically E. coli. Production of proteins in this bacterial strain is well-established, fast and simple and usually provides high yields. Recent progress in the fundamental understanding of transcription, translation, and protein folding in E. coli, improved genetic tools had made this bacterium more valuable than ever for the expression of complex eukaryotic proteins. (source: creative-biolabs.com/bacterial-expression-systems-e-coli-bacillus.html ) Can anyone shoe me more? Thanks!

How to conduct protein expression in bacteria? I searched the internet, and learned that The first choice for the expression of recombinant proteins is typically E. coli. Production of proteins in this bacterial strain is well-established, fast and simple and usually provides high yields. Recent progress in the fundamental understanding of transcription, translation, and protein folding in E. coli, improved genetic tools had made this bacterium more valuable than ever for the expression of complex eukaryotic proteins. (source: creative-biolabs.com/bacterial-expression-systems-e-coli-bacillus.html)
Can anyone shoe me more? Thanks!

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Raheema Javed
156 Points
8 years ago
The advantages of usingE. colias the host organism are well known.
(i) It has unparalleled fast growth kinetics. In glucose-salts media and given the optimal environmental conditions, its doubling time is about 20 min. This means that a culture inoculated with a 1/100 dilution of a saturated starter culture may reach stationary phase in a few hours.
(ii) High cell density cultures are easily achieved.
(iii) Rich complex media can be made from readily available and inexpensive components.
(iv) Transformation with exogenous DNA is fast and easy. Plasmid transformation ofE. colican be performed in as little as 5 min

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free