Sir. I am kind of slow with conic sections. I know how the figures are formed and eveything,but only that much basic is clear.I got a copy of s.l.loney from my friend,but it seems to have a lot of problem,some easy some tuff.I do not want to waste any time at this stage and want to get my concepts in this section strong as soon as possible! :( Can some one help?How should i go about this book?I also have a copy of M.L.khanna,Should i use that only,or s.l.loney?And should i work out all the problems or only selected ones? Please reply,Im a repeater,every minute counts :(

Sir.

I am kind of slow with conic sections.

I know how the figures are formed and eveything,but only that much basic is clear.I got a copy of s.l.loney from my friend,but it seems to have a lot of problem,some easy some tuff.I do not want to waste any time at this stage and want to get my concepts in this section strong as soon as possible! :(

Can some one help?How should i go about this book?I also have a copy of M.L.khanna,Should i use that only,or s.l.loney?And should i work out all the problems or only selected ones?

Please reply,Im a repeater,every minute counts :(

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

fdbgfbvfd jhfdg
15 Points
11 years ago

please refer to arihant co-ordinate geomatry.

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
11 years ago

Dear Zacky D,

I know how tough it is when you lose a year for something you have such a liking for. You would certainly not have dropped a year unless you had that burning desire to be an IITian in your lifetime. I am really happy that you are working really hard to be an IITian and I am sure tha your endeavours would not go unrewarded. 

You certainly will be rewarded for your hardwork and dedication and effort that you are puting in into this work. Remember,success is the sweetest of all rewards and when it comes after hardwork and pain,it is sweeter than honey.You will love it when it comes to you. So just wait for the moment and suffer now live a life forever full of happiness and joys.

Like you said that you were weak in the Conic Section,I recommend you to get your concepts clear as soon as you can because you have got no time to waste and also this is an important scoring topic. I would like you to continue with S.L.Looney because the quality of problems are unmatched by other books. I would like you to solve all the questions and recommend you not to answer questions selectively which would be of little o no help. Do all the problems and focus on one problem at a time . You will certainly be successful.

Finally,remember that,''Every Champion was a Beginner Once''. You will be a champion one day and your deeds today decide your fate tomorrow. So work hard and be a champion.

All the Very Best & Good Luck to you ..!

Hope this helped you immensely..!!

Best Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-M

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below...!!Smile

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free