This question is from binomial theorem and i have made this solution in this way . I want to know that is it correct or wrong ? I have confusion in step.A (marked in the solution) If my solution is correct then how it is possible to write I An = 1/nCo+1/nC1+......+1/nCn as 2(summation of half terms of the An). I have querry about it's middle term because total number of terms of this expression is not mentioned. . I am confused that if total terms will be odd then it is not possible .Then how u say it right to write .plzzz explain

This question is from binomial theorem and i have made this solution in this way . I want to know that is it correct or wrong ?
I have confusion in step.A (marked in the solution)
If my solution is correct then how it is possible to write I An = 1/nCo+1/nC1+......+1/nCn  as 2(summation of half terms of the An).
  I have querry about it's middle term because total number of terms of this expression is not mentioned. 
. I am confused that if total terms will be odd then it is not possible .Then how u say it right to write .plzzz explain

Question Image
Grade:12

2 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
3 years ago
Dear student

Yes you are absolutly correct to identify about the incomplete representation
“1/nCo+1/nC1+......+1/nCn as 2(summation of half terms of the An).”

It appears that its not mentioned anywhere in the question about n being even number

so we can not assume only even case we must atleast consider odd case and even case

Either there is more information in the question or the question requires slight correction

Regards
Vikas TU
14149 Points
3 years ago
Dera student 
The method is correct,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Feel free to ask querry 
We will happy to help you.
Good Luck 
Cheers 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION