Question:: Sir I read in one of the arihant books a note which I was not able to understand which is as follows:- THERE IS A GOLDEN RULE IN DETERMINANT THAT n one's implies (n-1) zero's or n(constant) implies (n-1) zero's for all constant should be in a single row or a single column So Please tell me the meaning of this line in an understandable and simple language accompanied by an illustrative example.

Question:: Sir 
I read in one of the arihant books a note which I was not able to understand which is as follows:-

THERE IS A GOLDEN RULE IN DETERMINANT THAT 
n one's implies (n-1) zero's or n(constant) implies (n-1) zero's for all constant should be in a single row or a single column

So Please tell me the meaning of this line in an understandable and simple language accompanied by an illustrative example.

Grade:11

1 Answers

SHAIK AASIF AHAMED
askIITians Faculty 74 Points
9 years ago
Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
Given n one's implies (n-1) zero's or n(constant) implies (n-1) zero's for all constant should be in a single row or a single column
If there are 2 similar quantities in a determinant we can make one element zero by subtracting it from the other if they are in a single row or column

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free